Tuesday, May 3, 2011

HOSPITALITY

I am thankful for friends and family. Many have showed up at the doorstep of this big old house...some just out of curiosity, others want to get their hands dirty and help with the work. No matter the reason, all are welcome. 

Sharing a meal together in the midst of a long work day...provided by my thoughtful mother.
My mother and sister wanted to help remove wallpaper...good laughs and catching up with the news in each others lives made the evening fun.
I like the gate at the side of the house..."come on in!"
One of the words that God keeps speaking to me about this house is HOSPITALITY. I have several "pictures" in my mind concerning events and gatherings which I hope will take place in this house someday. Each picture involves lots of people. The rooms are large enough for entertaining and I have been keeping this in mind as I design the flow of the rooms and placement of furniture. I'm looking forward to meeting neighbors and making new friends, hosting parties and celebrations, as well as providing space for Bible study and prayer groups. We will have plenty of room for overnight guests too. There is even space enough on the third floor for persons who might need a place to live for longer periods of time. I am honored to have been entrusted with this property and desire for it to be a blessing to every person who enters.

I found this concept in Scripture...
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer HOSPITALITY to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms...1 Peter 4:8-10
This is one of the great blessings of HOSPITALITY. God's grace can flow through us when we entertain others and share our lives. I am trusting God to use me/us in this way...for His glory!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment