Sunday, October 12, 2014

BALANCING ACT

I find myself drifting between two worlds. My hands are busy with tasks that are at polar opposite ends of the spectrum. A precious new grandchild is born at the same time we are in the thick of a whole house renovation.

It has been a reminder to me about how one must be ready for whatever life brings. And it has shown me how much I need to lean on the Father for his strength and wisdom to handle those things when they come.

Gentle, calm, careful, holding, caressing, tender and loving...
Rough, rip, smash, tear, destroy and demolish...

Life is a balancing act. There is a time and season for all things. And perhaps, at times, we can experience those seasons simultaneously. It is during this crazy and seemingly chaotic time that I lean heavily into God's promise that he provides me with his presence and strength to face each day. His purpose in it all is to transform me to become like him. 

Reading in Ecclesiastes 3..."For everything there is a season...yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from the beginning to the end...God's purpose is that people should fear him..."

So today I embrace the tender and the rough, the sweetness and gritty...because I am able to see HIM in both.


No comments:

Post a Comment