Monday, April 18, 2011

SYSTEMS

Out with the old and in with the new. That has been the theme in the past week as we concentrate on stripping the old wires, pipes, wallpaper and even walls and ceilings. My to-do list has mainly been to "strip" each room down to the studs. The bones of the house have proved to be good, but the mechanicals need to be replaced and reorganized.

Activity has increased dramatically this week as plumbers, electricians and HVAC workers descended upon the place. Scattered debris settles in every room as workers do their jobs. And as we arrive at the end of the week to put in our day of work, we enjoy seeing the progress as well as doing our part by cleaning up. We recently spent a day hauling out old pipes from the basement as plumbers installed a whole new system.

We discovered that there is some value in these old pipes. Keith spent some time sorting and cutting...brass, copper, iron.








Then we carried it to the truck. My father and Keith took the load to the salvage yard where it was turned into cash...
...over $600 worth!
While taking these trips back and forth from the basement and out to the truck, Keith and I were pondering the meaning of these actions. We prayed..."Lord, as we carry out the old, replace it with a new system. May fresh water flow through us; living water. Bring life to this house and home. Flow through us Lord!"

When Jesus becomes Lord of our lives, he installs new systems; new ways of thinking, talking and living.
"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Cor 5:17

While this truth happens at the point of salvation, it also seems I spend a lifetime living it out. I carry my debris out daily, so that He can flow through me in a clean and fresh way. I ask Him to give me His system of thinking, talking and living. I need His grace daily to rain down on me; to cleanse and empower me.

"Father, today I give myself over to you again. Thank you for your grace; for the undeserved riches you bless me with. Open my eyes, give me your peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment