Friday, July 15, 2011

WALKING

It has been entirely too long since I've written. I'm so glad for a few minutes this morning to share a few thoughts that have been processing in my mind...and I'm excited to show you more pictures of how renovations are progressing at the house. 

I was really looking forward to taking our morning walk the other day. Several things had interrupted this routine in the past days and I realized that it is during our morning walk that Keith and I can talk, pray and connect - I was missing that. WALKING matters to me.

Work at the house in the past couple weeks has been focused on flooring. The phrase that has been going through my mind is, "It matters what you WALK on." Maybe it's not very profound, but it is true. So we have been focusing on floors that are level, floors that are smooth, floors that are clean and floors that will look beautiful. I have discovered that when the floor of a room is lovely, clean and level, the rest of the room looks and functions a whole lot better.

uncovering the simple beauty of wood floors
Many hours were spent with loud vibrating floor sanders. The diningroom floor was very challenging!

The look and feel of this bedroom changed the minute the wood floors were sanded and exposed.

This little space at the top of the stairs has been transformed at the hands of a friend who installed a beautiful hardwood floor.

...and the livingroom floor's inlay design has been gloriously restored.
So the Lord has been asking me some new questions... 
Who am I WALKING with? 
What am I WALKING on? 
Are my paths level? 
Is my WALK with Him beautiful? 
I have been challenged again to focus on more time spent in His Word so that my feet are firmly planted on Truth. This month has been filled with opportunities to trust Him more and He has been good and faithful.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who WALK in the light of your presence, O Lord.
Psalm 89:15

1 comment:

  1. Those wood floors are beautiful! It adds such character to have those. Looks like it's really coming along!

    ReplyDelete