Tuesday, February 8, 2011

APPROVAL

The past two weeks have held a flurry of activity in order to gain approval. If the bank does not approve us, they will not loan us the money needed to purchase the house and begin renovation. Because of the current economic conditions, this has become a very complex process. I won't bore you with all the requirements and conditions we are having to meet, but the process involves many people working together to satisfy the authorities. The work has been stressful at times as the deadline approaches. Phone calls, emails, documents, photocopies, statements, letters, permits and meetings will all be joined together this weekend for final approval. 

And then we wait; wait for approval.

Questions and doubts come easy... What if the bank does not consider our plans to be worth their investment? Did we really make the right decision to pursue the purchase of this house? Why would I consider disturbing the comfortable home and routine that I currently enjoy?  Do I have the strength and faith enough that this project will work? That this project will be completed?


This space will be my laundry room (I say that in faith).

This period of time has caused me to dig deeper for faith and trust. I am seeing that my faith muscle is weak. Hebrews 6:12 says "...don't become lazy, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised." If my faith muscle is to get stronger, I must exercise it and use it. I want to inherit what He has promised.


waiting + patience = the promise

"I am confident of this. I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." 
Psalm 27:13-14

 

No comments:

Post a Comment