Friday, February 25, 2011

TIMING

As days go by, we get closer to our settlement date. "On or before March 18" is what our agreement says. Between now and then, we wait. Details we are unaware of and  meetings we are not part of are taking place without us knowing. We did our part, and now we trust in the authorities and their process to make it all work out. We are between not owning the house and owning the house.  It is a place in time where "it is not yet".

This space in time is often a hard place to be. Why do I have to wait? What takes so long? I feel impatient and can be filled with worry. God gently spoke to me this morning about this. Here is what I heard Him say..."TIMING" Perhaps He wants to accomplish something in me and for me within this space of time that "is not yet". 

This room is on the third floor. We want to make it
into a lovely apartment for someone to live in someday. 
This part of the project has to be put on hold because of budget and permit reasons. 
However, this will be just the right living space for someone...in God's timing.

While I am waiting my anticipation and excitement is growing. There is more time to share my excitement and vision with more friends. I have more time to think about details; to change my mind and revise my plans and budget. I spend more time talking with Him about the future and His plans for us. 

I want God to take as much time as He needs to put everything in place. I choose to trust in His TIMING. I heard someone suggest that while I am sleeping, God is planning my day; while I am waiting, God is putting details in place. This gives me peace and joy to know that all things are in His hands. I can walk throughout my day without worry or impatience, knowing that in His TIMING, it is all good.

What are YOU waiting for?
What might God want to put in place while you are waiting?
Trust His TIMING. . .

But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in your hands.
How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you,
which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.
Psalm 31:14, 15, 19

No comments:

Post a Comment