Friday, March 11, 2011

SETTLEMENT

She's ours!  

This afternoon we signed lots of papers...and finally the keys were put into our hands. All the plans and dreams for this house can now begin to take shape. Tomorrow is the first day of demolition. Keith and I have 1 month to do some grunt work. Our hands will get dirty and our bodies will grow tired. We are gathering the tools we will need and prioritizing the list of tasks we were given by our contractor. 


If you read other entries in this blog, you know that I like to ponder the meaning of words. So what is SETTLEMENT? ...an act of bestowing or giving possession under legal sanction; a covenant, agreement, contract or understanding.

The former owners bestowed the responsibility of caring for the house upon us today and we have been given possession. It is now our duty to care for the property. Our signature at the bottom of papers today sealed our promise and covenant to care for the house. 

Entry...

My mind is also drawn to what this means for me in my spiritual life. I am in a covenant relationship with Jesus Christ. His blood sealed His promise to love and care for me. It is a legal and binding covenant. I am his. He has plans and dreams for me. As my hands get dirty and my body grows tired as I work for him, may my "house" reflect his character and care. 

"Lord, tomorrow as Keith and I begin to care for the house, show us how you care for us. Teach us about covenant and spending our lives for you. Use this house to build your kingdom."





No comments:

Post a Comment