Saturday, March 26, 2011

SHARING

Because Keith had some previous commitments, I worked at the house for several hours alone last week. I was looking forward to this week when we could work together again. I made the comment to him, "It's much more fun when there is someone working with me. It goes much faster." Profound, I know. 

I would tear down part of a wall and then have to stop and haul out the dirt. This became drudgery all alone. I worked slower and my thoughts would discourage me. When Keith was helping me, a rhythm developed. I would do my part; he would do his. When one was tiring, the other encouraged. We set goals for ourselves and enjoyed a couple snack breaks together, feeling refreshed and ready to go again. We could even share laughs when we'd make silly mistakes or made discoveries.



At one point, I was working upstairs while Keith was removing plaster in the dining room. I heard him call me to quickly come a see what he discovered...


Walnuts! We had some laughs as they tumbled out of the wall as if in a bubblegum machine. He filled a 3 gallon bucket with them! Once upon a time some squirrels must have been storing up their treasures...



And today, we were honored to have more friends join in the work for several hours. Our work was made easier. More was accomplished in less time. We enjoyed conversation and worked hard together. Their help encouraged me.

I asked God what he wants to say to me...the word SHARING came to my mind. Sharing our lives with others is what God wants us to do. 

"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased." Hebrews 13:16

Thank you, Father God, for showing me what pleases you today. Bless our friends for their generosity. Increase generosity in my heart. I want to do good and share with others for your honor and glory. May this house be a place where sharing with others happens; a place where you are pleased; a place where you are praised.








No comments:

Post a Comment