Monday, March 14, 2011

WALLS

Today I'm thinking about WALLS. Walls are built for many reasons. Some are good and some are bad. In a house, the walls create rooms and boundaries which contain certain tasks or events in our daily life. I'm glad there are walls around my bathroom for obvious reasons. The walls around the space in which I sleep create a safe quiet place for me to rest at the end of the day. The outside walls of my house protect me from the weather, keeping me safe and warm and dry. Walls are good.

But sometimes, walls are not so good. This weekend we began to knock out walls in the house we have just begun to care for. For the "new" spaces to take shape, old walls need to come down.

 ...making room for new spaces...



Other kinds of walls exist in our lives too. We build walls in our mind and in relationships. These walls can also have a positive or negative influence in us...the way we think, act and relate to others. While at times these kinds of walls can protect us from pain and hurt, most of the time they hinder us from living in freedom.

While I was pounding my way through a wall in the house, the words to a song came to my mind. "We will break dividing walls; we will break dividing walls; we will break dividing walls in the name of Your Son..." 

There are so many walls that divide us. It takes hard work to break through and tear them down. It takes perseverance and strength. I want to trust Jesus to do this work in my heart. I want those walls that limit a victorious life to come down so that there is new space for more of Him.

Will you join me in this demolition work?

1 comment:

  1. is this a double invitation? :)
    even though we just had our daughter (Maya) seeing the demo gets me excited to come do some manual labor...i am serious!

    ReplyDelete